It’s important to notice when the negative images, thinking or talk creeps in, and then replace those with the good images, thinking and talk. Doing this over time will completely transform your thinking, from the inside out and alter your whole life trajectory completely. Keep reading for 2 simple exercises to help you out.
Every day, there are stories, scenarios and images happening in your mind. It is crucial that you imagine good things instead of bad things. The first exercise is simply a series of questions used to determine the direction and quality of your thoughts.
The second exercise is another series of questions that will help your mental direction become more positive. In this exercise, you will creatively imagine what your life would be like if you achieved your goal, or manifested your desire. This will help to reprogram your subconscious mind.
Exercise 1 – Discovering Your Current Mental Direction
The following questions will tell you a lot about what is really happening in your mind. Answer them honestly. Monitor your thoughts and mental pictures for one whole day to get accurate answers.
- How often do you imagine negative things happening? What images are going on in your mind for those?
- How often do you imagine good things happening? What images are going on in your mind for those?
- How often do you talk or think about negative things in general?
- How often do you talk or think about good things in general?
- Are you thinking about all the bad things that can happen, or all the good things which can happen in a situation?
When this exercise is done, you will realize whether you are moving in a positive, or a negative, direction in your mind. If you are being very negative, or can make improvements to be even more positive, make the effort to begin changing your wiring now.
To become more positive, you need to begin to imagine things as you want them to be. You need to talk about things as you want them to be. You need to imagine and talk as much as possible of what you want, instead of what you do not want.
Exercise 2 – Moving in a More Positive Mental Direction
This exercise is also a series of questions. It is designed to help you to imagine what your life would be like if you had achieved your goal, and thus reprogram your subconscious mind to be more in alignment with your conscious desires.
Pro tip: record the questions on your smartphone, or some other recording device. Then, simply close your eyes and let your imagination follow and respond to the questions you’ve recorded. As your imagination works its magic, feel and believe that what you imagine is true, and is happening right now.
IF YOU ACHIEVED YOUR GOAL:
- What would you be doing?
- What would it sound like?
- Who would you be hanging about with?
- Who would you tell or talk to about the manifestation?
- How would your day start and what would you be doing every day?
- What kind of car would you drive?
- Where would you work?
- How would you feel about yourself if you had achieved all of your goals?
- What beliefs would you have about what’s possible?
- Imagine that all of your closest friends had achieved their goals.
- Imagine the most unsuccessful person you know, having achieved their goals.
- Imagine doubling your income this year. What would you be doing if that happened?
- Imagine that you tripled your income this year. What would you be doing? How would you live? What would you do every day?
- Imagine achieving any other goal you desire. Then, imagine achieving double of that goal. What would it be like? Then, imagine achieving triple of that goal. What would it be like? What beliefs would you have if you had achieved it?
In essence, this exercise re-wires the subconscious mind using the power of your imagination. This boosts your self-image, motivation and manifestation power, and helps you to achieve your goals.
Some Key Points When Visualizing
- If you find you have trouble visualizing, involve your other senses more. In particular, adding movement to your visualizations makes it easier to imagine and fully associate with the mental picture you create.
- Sometimes it’s easier and more comfortable to imagine yourself being successful if you imagine everyone else being successful too.
- Imagining achieving double of any goal you have is a great challenge for your unconscious mind. Your mind starts to see possibilities for how to achieve double of any goal you have.
- You get clarity from imagining what beliefs you have, and what you will be doing every day.
- Imagining in the present tense, instead of future or past, allows what you picture to go straight into your unconscious mind.
Changing what happens in your mind will steer your creative mental energies in the right direction. Controlling what happens in your mind mind is crucial to achieving success.
To get somewhere you need a starting point, and a destination. Exercise 1 gives you your starting point, and exercise 2 gives your your destination.
Clarity and focus are supremely important in goal-achievement. The point of imagining things as you want them to be, is to put your mind in the direction you wish to go.
Your unconscious mind will accept and attempt to make true, anything you place into it. Therefore, when you imagine things as you want them to be, you unlock your unconscious powers and bring your creative manifestation energies closer to reality.
With time, it is possible to change your mental direction from negative to positive. If you have spent your whole life negatively thinking about what you don’t want, it may take several months to change your thinking around properly.
Time and spaced repetition are crucial to rewiring your mind. Invest the time in doing this, and the payoff will be massive.